If you don’t want to provide personal information to us, then you don’t have to, however this may affect your use of this website.
1. Types of personal information we collect
The types of personal information we collect may include:
- identity data (including your name and username or similar identifier);
- contact data (including your contact details such as your billing address, email address and telephone number);
- transaction data (including details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us);
- technical data (including your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website);
- profile data (including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses);
- usage data (including information about how you use our website, products and services); and
- marketing and communications data (including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences).
2. How we collect personal information
We collect this information from you when you make an enquiry with us (for example, by telephone or email), purchase a product from us, sign up for a service via our website or submit a contact enquiry on our website, etc.
We are committed to using lawful and fair means to collect personal information and collecting it from others only when it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain certain information from you directly. We collect personal information about you from inn the following ways:
- You. We collect names; email address; job titles; usernames; passwords; debit/credit card numbers; phone numbers; mailing addresses; contact or authentication data; billing addresses; contact preferences; and other similar information. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
- Information automatically collected. We automatically collect certain information the you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information.
- Searches and enquiries
- Your use of our website
We will destroy or de-identify information where we form the opinion that the information has been provided to us unlawfully or unfairly.
3. Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information as is reasonably necessary for us to perform our core functions and activities, including for the following purposes:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process
- To contact and communicate with you
- To provide goods and/or services to you
- To fulfil and manage your orders
- To manage user accounts
- To maintain a database of customers, subscribers or similar
- To request feedback and to contact you about your use of our website
- To send administrative information to you
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location and contact information.
- To market to you and others, send marketing and promotional communications, including re-marketing (this may involve the use of a Facebook pixel or similar technology to allow us to display our advertising to you elsewhere on the internet, for example, on Google or Facebook)
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalised content and advertising (and work with their parties to do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Administer prize draws and competitions
- For other business purposes including internal record keeping, statistical purposes, data analysis, identifying usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymised form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information.
- As required by law
We will not use or disclose personal information for the purpose of direct marketing unless you have consented to the use or disclosure of the information for that purpose.
Please note that we will not disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law.
4. Who will your information be shared with?
We may share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorised each party for the purpose of understanding our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below titled “Contact details”.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing and Lead Generation: Google AdSense
- Could Computing Services: Google Cloud Platform
- Communicate and Chat with Users: G Suite, MailPoet, OneSignal, QuestionPro and SurveyMonkey,
- Content Optimisation: Vimeo video and Google Site Search
- Invoice and Billing: Stripe
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising: Facebook advertising, Instagram advertising and LinkedIn advertising
- User Account Registration and Authentication: Stripe OAuth and WordPress Simple Membership
- Web and Mobile Analytics: Google Analytics
- Website Hosting: Volantic Systems and WordPress.com
5. Is your information transferred internationally?
Your personal information may be disclosed to international recipients in Australia, the Netherlands, and other countries as part of our ordinary business functions.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area (EEA), then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
Our servers are located in the Netherlands. If you are accessing our Website from outside the Netherlands, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those their parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Who will your information be shared with?” above).
The subsidiaries, service providers or other third parties listed above to whom Rebalance may disclose your personal data may be domiciled abroad, and in particular outside the European Union, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. In such case, Rebalance will require them to take, in accordance with applicable legislation, all organisational and technical measures that permit ensuring an adequate level of protection of your personal data, such the use of Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission and/or ensuring certification with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
7. Links to other sites
8. How you can access and correct your personal information
Access: You can request details of personal information that we hold about you. We will respond to any request to access information within a reasonable time.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details set out below. We rely in part on you advising us when your personal information changes. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date and to notify you of the correction, unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
Deletion: If you want us to delete personal information we hold about you or to not collect information from you for a specific purpose, such as targeted advertising, please contact us using the details set out below. Please note that if we agree to delete your information, because of backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without retaining some residual information. We will functionally delete the information and we will not sell, transfer, or use personal information relating to you in any way moving forward.
We will respond to any request to access, correct or delete information within a reasonable time.
9. How we maintain the security of your information
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we hold is secure and protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We undertake the following precautions to protect personal information we hold:
- our website contains pages encrypted with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to ensure the safety of any data that is submitted through use of this website
- we limit access to personal information to a “need-to-know” basis
- we protect devices we use to collect, hold, use and disclose personal information with industry-standard anti-virus software
- our devices are protected by password and are stored in secure premises
- data is securely stored on cloud servers
- our email data is encrypted
- all hard copies of personal information are kept in secure storage with access by authorised personnel only
- all conversations involving the discussion of personal information take place in private, where conversations are unable to be overheard by unauthorised personnel
- if we no longer need personal information, we take reasonable steps to delete or de-identify the information
While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure website and business, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to you for any such occurrences. If a data breach occurs involving your personal information and the breach is likely to cause harm to you, we will notify you as soon as possible after the occurrence in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act and related legislation.
10. Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our record. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Information for individuals in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland
A recent European Union law called the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) give certain rights to applicable individuals in relation to their personal data. The sections below apply to you if you use our Services while in Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (EEA). As required under applicable law, the rights afforded to you are:
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (like processing payments and providing the products or services you have requested);
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, including to communicate with you about changes to our Services, to help secure and improve our Services (including to prevent fraud) and to analyse use of our Services;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations; and
- When we have your consent to do so.
We retain personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed, unless applicable law requires storage for a longer period of time.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limits and conditions provided under law, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or made available in a portable form.
- You also have the right to object to certain processing (like receiving direct marketing), or request that we restrict processing in certain circumstances (like to retain but not further process pending resolution of a claim).
- When we ask for your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority.
- In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the EEA and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident of Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
12. How you can make a complaint about privacy breach
13. How you can unsubscribe or opt out
We like to keep our customers and website visitors up to date, so from time to time we’ll send you newsletters, invitations and updates. Not to worry: our emails will always come with an “Unsubscribe” button, so you can opt out at any time. To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, use the “Unsubscribe” button in our communication or contact us using the details set out below.
You can also opt out of information collecting for advertising targeting by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
14. Changes to this policy
15. Contact details
For any questions or notice, please contact us be email at email@example.com or by mail:
Rebalance for Work
92 Boundary St, Paddington, NSW, 2021, Australia